Sasebone

Monday, July 24, 2006

Holy Molar - - part 2

HOLY MOLAR - - part 2

Okay, I’ve meditated, ready for my next appointment at the endodonist. Surely this is it! Surely this won’t take long! I’m prepared. I didn’t drink anything on the way down and I’m dry as a bone - - no Depends. I know I can make it through this session!

Back into the dentist chair! Goggles on, mouth open, rubber dam on the tooth, two heads in front of my view so hold on to your x-rays and seatbelts - - here we go again. (Dear God, why couldn’t I have been blessed with good teeth?) I’m calm, they’re smiling and now it’s down to business. The drill comes on and the pain begins again. This time we make some head-way after the doctor stops everything and tells me he might break the cap or go through the tooth and that would be all she wrote - - either have to pull the tooth ($1500 down the drain or get a new cap $1500 more dollars). I begin to pray. I, of course, can’t talk, only comprehend this news is not good. Two hours later he hits the gold. His assistant told me I was a challenge. Why does this not make me feel good? I am tired of hearing I am a challenge for dentists. I don’t want to be the Poster Child for bad teeth, though it seems to run in our family. I made it through, the canal has been found, success, lift-off - - to the bathroom again, but calmly. Mouth is numb! One more appointment and I’m through with this tooth for now. More exciting molar stories to come…stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home