Sasebone

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Itching for Summer to be over!

Itching for summer to be over !

What is 1/150th of an inch in diameter and makes a 200 pound plus woman miserable?

You got it! It’s a chigger! The chigger brought the whole chigger valley with them when they came to dine on my lower extremities. I have been itching as though Poison Ivy came to live with me.

It all started on Wednesday when I was running through the grass (weeds) to get a kite to fly for Logan and Micah. There was not a stir of wind blowing, but they thought if I could get the kite high enough there might be some currents left over from the breezes available yesterday. I worked until the hot flashes had turned me a bright red and my feet began to throb, and then I called quits.

While out there I prided myself that the bumble bees bobbing close by didn’t sting me, the red wasps already in full flight passed me by, and the fireants were still under ground gearing up for summer battle - - home free! However, Thursday morning Logan had his hand down the front of his shorts scratching, and I was starting to itch in my upper thighs, and above and below my panty line. I took a look and evaluated our situation. We had spots all over us spaced out about every inch and ½. Boy did we itch? We took turns taking hot, soapy bathes. I covered our red bumps with Cortizone. No help! Still itching! I realized we had been attacked by the same summer varmints we had last year - - CHIGGERS! They love me and Logan for some reason. Off I drove to CVS to get a sack full of remedies: a bite pen, bite gel, powder, bath lotion, etc. I’ve tried the home remedies on myself: nail polish, hydrogen peroxide, antibiotic ointment- - still itching!

Please God, let summer zoom by!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home