Sasebone

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Traveling down the highway of life...

I've been gone for a few days to visit my daughter in Mount Pleasant. I had about 2 hours of quiet time on my drive there (Logan of course was in the backseat, but reasonably quiet for Logan). I thought about my life and reflected on what went wrong and what went right. Seems what went wrong totally outnumbered the right by a zillion to one. Anyway, I enjoyed my few days with my daughter, but my observations were about how God gave us all this strange and wacky way of getting rid of waste and it seems to take lots of time to do it and lots of little rooms to do it in. My daughter's dogs were going in and out of the house to "do their thing" while I was there. The cat has a box to do "his thing" in, and birds fly over our heads, "splat" doing their thing. Then it's the fish tank dipping out their little strings of poop after they do "their thing".

Well, on with the story... Angie and I took Logan with us shopping yesterday and today and it was "do you have a public bathroom" question at every other shop while Logan and I studied who had clean bathrooms and who didn't. I think Angie was wearing a catheter or diaper because she never once asked that question or went with us to "do our thing". Take my advice, don't drink a 1/2 pot of coffee before you go shopping! She couldn't believe we had to really go that often, but when nature calls you better answer. Logan got up this morning and told me he was really sweaty because the front of his pajamas was wet. Ummm, seems the sheet was wet and the mattress too. That was some sweating he did. You can see when he asks I find a bathroom or tree for him and quickly!

Our two and a half days in Mount Pleasant went fast and then it was time to take the 2 hour trip back home. Neither one of us took a bottle of water and we tried to dry out so there would be no stops home so we could get home before dark. About midway between Mount Pleasant and Sulphur Springs we encountered numerous and I do mean n u m e r o u s big trucks on the road. Passing, passing, passing them all and going about 80 mph to get home I got behind one that seemed to be losing fluid and it was gathering on my windshield. I turned on my windshield wipers and white muck went all across the windows and I could see nothing but frosted glass. When I got closer to the truck in front of me I noticed lettering that spelled T Y S O N and I don't believe it was Mike. No, it was Tyson Chicken, and I had chicken shit smeared all across the front of my window and it was stuck like glue. I kept pressing the window cleaner button but it only got worse. The window appeared as though we had been in a snow storm and we were in the middle of no where with zilch water bottles. I drove in this fog until I hit the town of Sulphur Springs, pulled into a filling station, but this time not to use the bathroom but to clean the bathroom (my windshield) and it took some hard scrubbing to get it all off. So remember this, the next time you buy Tyson Chickens think about what was inside those creatures - - chicken will stick to your ribs all right! Foul fowl!

1 Comments:

  • Well, you know what they say...

    SHIT HAPPENS!

    :)

    By Blogger Angie, at 6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home