Sasebone

Monday, April 19, 2010

April 19, 2010 -- visit with mom and dad

April 19, 2010 - - visit with mom and dad
Very overcast day - -high 64 degrees

Chick and I went over for a short visit with mom and dad today to check out the tomato plants in the garden and take them some banana nut bread I had baked this morning.

Mom was in the kitchen and dad was sitting in his chair in the living room. I placed a slice of banana nut bread on their plates and sat down to talk to them. Dad had the television on NASCAR so loud I thought I might make this a short visit and mom wanted to talk but couldn’t find the right words. I kept trying to help her but nothing was coming out right. She has been talking about Decoration for a couple of weeks, not wanting to miss it at Stony Point. I told her to mark May 1 on her calendar when I talked to her on the phone this morning. She asked me again, when it is. I asked why she wants to go so badly and she said to make sure her mom and dad have flowers on their graves.

We went out on the porch and she pointed at the handicap ramp the neighbors have with rails. Their home health nurse fell this morning when leaving mom and dad’s house and mom wanted rails like the neighbors. I told her we’d check into it.

Today was a chilly day and she said she was cold, so we left the front porch and went back inside. She sat down close to me and said she wanted to tell me about her dream. I waited, thinking I would have to help supply the words for her to tell me the dream.

This is the dream: “I was at a funeral and there were people all around me. I don’t know whose funeral it was but these were people who are now deceased standing around me - - people I once knew. They were all around me when the back door opened and here comes Billy Jack Webster holding a little girl’s hand. He was laughing as he walked to the front of the church. I said, “Billy Jack, why are you doing that, laughing, at a funeral?” He said, “Because someone kicked the bucket and I always do that when that happens.” I said, “Who was the little girl", and she said her head was blotted out so she didn’t know, but she could clearly see all the other people there. She said, “I don’t know why I dreamed that dream.” I had goose bumps hoping it’s not a premonition of her death.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home