Sasebone

Saturday, January 02, 2010

New, not really!

New Year’s Morning 2010

I went to bed with great expectations after reading all the Facebook Happy New Year Greetings wishing everyone a better year than last year. Like Scrooge when he went to his home on Christmas Eve I went to bed at a decent hour December 30, 2009, and pulled the covers over my head and looked forward to the New Year coming tomorrow morning.

ZZZZZZZZZZZ’s a plenty; 8 hours later, I woke and realized I slept off the old year and was waiting to see what the New Year had brought me. After all, everyone wished me a better year than last year as they always do. It had to happen didn't it? DIDN’T IT?????

I opened one eye and pulled the cover back. The sun was already shining in my bedroom. That is a good sign! I opened the other eye waiting for the new fantabulous year to jump all over me. I crept up out of the bed. I sneaked past the Old Year into the living room and there still sat my old furniture, my box type television and the dust on the fan blades just like the old year I left behind last night.

Ummmm, maybe I have to make the “Shiny as a new dime New Year” become different. As different a year I can make it myself. Perhaps we all need to make some changes in our attitudes; in our lives as much as we can. We can’t wait around and expect changes to fall from the sky or surround us when we just sit here doing nothing to make those changes. Okay New Year, I think I’m about ready for you. I have to adjust some things first. Come forth! Let’s go and write this New Year and see what the tally is at the end of 2010.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home