Sasebone

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Our Friend Denise Cooper - - See you later!

I met Denise when this Collin Community Corner group started. I noticed this woman named Denise the Accounter, who always encouraged each and every writer in the group to connect and communicate. Denise was always welcoming to the new people in the group and she was instantly likable. She was like a warm blanket wrapped around you when you were at your lowest. You could feel Denise’s spirit in her emails to us. She was helpful, loving, and kind to everyone who came her way. She and I began to write personal emails and send funny forwards to one another. Sometimes there were serious moments we needed to talk to a friend about. I know she befriended everyone and had a real personal interest in each of us. She was discreet and you felt you could tell her anything.

She was a good weather woman. Whenever the sleet was pelting against her window, we knew it. If it was raining she told us. Snow, we knew how much in her corner of the world was accumulating. Denise and I loved to tell everyone about the weather as though no one knew about weather stations on television! In fact, I think we all have that tendency. If it is hot, we say it’s hot today. If it is cold, we say it is cold or snowing or whatever is happening outside because we want to connect with one another even when there is nothing but the weather to talk about.

Denise loved animals - - mostly horses and cats. Those are the animals she talked about most of all. She loved to eat at Bill Smith’s – Gravy and Biscuits. She loved Fuddruckers hamburgers, and she loved Richard’s recipe for Banana Bread. We could smell it vicariously when she baked it. Then I had to bake a loaf as well. How many more of you did the same? You could almost hear her humming as she waited for the prize. There was so much more to Denise - - so much. She had many interests and loved the outdoors; flowers, gardens, sunrises and sunsets. She loved us, she loved her family and she trusted everyone. She loved with abandon.

Denise and I were of the 60 Club and wondering what we would do the rest of our lives. Well, Denise went on home to be with the Lord and she doesn’t have to wonder about what she is going to do the rest of her life now. She is walking with the angels, her loved ones and others gone on before us. Denise is not crippled with pain nor worried about tomorrow. While her smiling face and wonderful laughter is not with us any longer her spirit of love is still here and she will not be forgotten by those of us whose lives she touched during her lifetime. Denise we celebrate your life today in the way you would have wanted us to and girl, we are missing you!

2 Comments:

  • Mom I miss you, I am Glad I was there for you every time you needed me, I am always just a phone call away, I always will be, I miss you so much, Glenn does too, I will keep writing to him for you, as I sit her tears in my eyes remembering you I will speak no Ill of Monelle, she knows and so do you the truth of what she has made happen, I will always have an empty space in my heart where you were held so dearly, with much love and a happy heart for I know you are in heaven.


    Your Almost A Son,
    Reverend Shaid K.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:06 PM  

  • To whom ever wrote this beautiful, sweet and truthful blog about my mother Denise, THANK YOU. She was indeed a very trusting person. At times too trusting.
    I'm soooooooo sorry mom that I couldn't protect you from selfish, dishonest, thieving people. I'm sorry I didn't live closer to you and that you had to depend on people who would ultimately take advantage of your ill health and then help themselves to your belongings shortly after you left us. I know you can see what is going on and I know you are dissapointed in these 2 vultures that prayed on you. You taught me patience, you taught me karma, and I know you will see to it that these people get what they deserve in the end and them some. I will protect what is left of what you left to me mom. I will see to it that these people are punished to the fullest extent of the law for what they have done, and I WILL make sure that they never take advantage of ANYONE ever again, including your REAL son Glenn. I will protect him from these people, I will make sure he doesn't believe their lies.
    I will honor your last wishes momma...I miss you. I still go to call you and tell you about my day. I miss your voice, your laughter, your silly stories, your wisdom, your advice, and most of all your love. It gives me some peace knowing you're not in anymore pain...knowing that you're watching over me. I love you momma~your little lady bug~Monelle

    By Blogger MO143, at 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home