Sasebone

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Aging

January 31, 2010

Pondering about momma this morning.

I stepped outside this morning to a cold, frosty morning to chase away the neighbor’s great Perinese dog who loves to come do his number on God’s Little Acre. It was a frosty 30 degrees and we were just coming out of the deep freeze of winter. I started thinking about my momma who is still living but can’t find her words when she needs them. Come to think about it. I can’t either!

While standing at the kitchen window, I thought about momma and how she would get out her old skillet and start the bacon and eggs, get the bread out for toast and start the coffee every morning of her adult life. At this moment I wish my momma was here. I feel hungry today. I feel hungry to see my momma this morning and all I have to do is get in my vehicle and go over. I will watch her struggle to make her coffee and get her clothes on for the day. I’ll watch my dad get his self together for the day and act like nothing is amiss with momma. She’ll go in the kitchen and fumble for the coffee. She’ll pour the water in the back of the pot, and pour a handful of coffee in the pot. She’ll figure out how to make the coffee after she has done several different processes, like pour the finished coffee back into the reservoir in the back and run it through again. Perhaps she’ll stab a hole in the filter and let the coffee fall into the pot and eventually, she’ll pour she and dad a cup and they’ll drink it and spit out the grounds.

Momma still tries and dad still eats and drinks whatever is placed in front of him. They seem to think all is well in their world and they are content for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home