Sasebone

Friday, January 22, 2010

Multiplication

The past few years the mice found our house. Not good! The winter of 2004 we were overrun with the little creatures. Cute little furry critters with long silky whiskers, tiny little feet, tiny little noses and teeth like a shark from the looks of the damage they can do…chewed up paper, holes in pajamas in the drawer. I hate MICE!

Chick was in the hospital and I was working full time, we had our two young grandsons living with us. It was 2005; I had to get rid of the mice. What to do? Our 14 year old cat, Furly walked out of the house one morning to do his do and never returned. This is when the mice found us. I could write more about the cat, the mice, the kids, but this is about THE CATS!

It is 2010 and we wished back in 2005 for some feral cats - - a couple, no more. We didn’t promote cats to our house but we talked about trying to get a couple of out door cats to control the mice population during the winter months. My mom always said, “Be careful what you wish for!” I used to wonder what she meant. Over the years I have learned what she meant.

In 2007 I began to see a blur of gray. Out of the corner of my eye would be a streak of gray but by the time I cut my eyes to where the streak had been it was gone. Then the streak of gray slowed down and I named her Sophie. She is a big gray, long haired cat with beautiful green/yellow eyes. She would hesitate at the corner of the porch and wait. We bought food for her. MISTAKE!!!!!

Sophie went out into the woods and talked to her cronies. Now, this winter, we see a blur of black, and several grays and multi colored cats on our porch. The only friendly one is Sophie. This morning I smell cat urine, but the mice are gone. The menagerie moved under the front porch. Time to get an outside dog and soon! The dogs chase the cats the cats chase the rats; the rats chase the cheese…the beat goes on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home