Sasebone

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Musings!

I wonder why the woman was holding up a sign in front of the Opthamologist office I was driving up to? I just changed from the very doctor she was accusing of ruining her eyes. Fate! I don't know for sure what made me change doctors. Perhaps God said, change doctors, not sure.

Anyway, I pulled by her as I was parking and saw her sign. A sign warning people not to have surgery by Dr. Rudolph Churner who actually saved my eyesight 30 years ago when I first began to have problems. The sign read, "I had surgery by Dr. Rudolph Churner, ask me about it - - not good!" I intended to go back and speak with her when I finished at the office; however two hours later as I was leaving the office and blind as a bat from the dilation drops, the lady with the sign was gone. Now I had to wonder what happened. I thought if anything I might be able to soothe her. I know she was going through a major crisis. I wanted to tell her how Dr. Churner had helped me so many years ago when I was scared to death I was going blind. I wanted to tell her perhaps if she went in and talked to him in a human way and let him know how scared she is of being blind, or looking forward to seeing better again and after the surgery it didn't happen, perhaps he would explain to her what went wrong or perhaps he did all he could do but her eyes just couldn't be corrected. I don't know what I wanted to tell her. I care too much for people and their dilemmas. I can't fix the world. I need to learn that lesson. I can't soothe every one's ruffled feathers, and sometimes when I make that attempt to "fix things and make it all better" things get worse instead of better. Words can heal or hurt. It depends on the hearer of the words and how the words are perceived.

I came on home and thought about driving back tomorrow to see if she is still out there. Alas, I am sitting here in my gown and still wondering if I can help that poor soul who may have lost the windows to her world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home