Sasebone

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Heels over Head

Have you ever been head over heels about something? A couple of days ago I was heels over head and I'm not talking crude! I'm talking stepping into a puddle of water left by melting snow and doing a Dorothy Hamil flip without ice skates. It happened so fast!

My grandsons came running in the back door with snow on their feet and it melted fast. By the time I met them at the back door and spun around to hear what my husband was shouting from the living room I was upside down and on the ground. The boys were looking on in horror as I lay there. First I retrieved my foot from under my body and my leg came with it. I wiggled my toes - - they moved. I tried to move my leg and it hurt. My ankle hurt! My pride hurt! Here were two little innocents running in excited by the snow fall and here lay Memaw who couldn't share in the excitement. Along comes Pawpaw, "Should I call 911?" I said, "No, I have to lay here a minute and see if I'm broken or just bruised". He goes on outside with the kids. I'm thinking I need a Medical Alert button to say, "Help me I've fallen and I can't get up". The more I think about the concern of that man I've lived with for 45 years the madder I get. Mad enough to get up! That's all it took. Logan came back in and brought me crutches from the garage and I got up on them and hobbled to the living room. Sure enough, a deep breath; a little rest; some warm compresses and exercising my ankle, by evening I was up and at 'em a once again. Women can't get sick in this house!

The next day was in the 70's and now today, snow and ice are starting up again and I'm wearing rubber grip boots! No more Dorothy Hamil moves for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home