Sasebone

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Big Boy Day - - I think not!

We woke up this morning and Pawpaw and Micah left for breakfast because Logan was still fast asleep. Logan woke up and looked at me with these words, "Wheresa-my-pawpaw"? I told him, "Pawpaw and Micah had something to do, but you and I can make some coffee and go on the porch and watch the morning unfold". That seemed satisfying to Logan, so that's what we did.

We watched the woodpecker as he tapped away on the tree then decided to come down and pick a pecan up in his beak for his breakfast treat. He flew back up into the tree with his tasty delight and began to tap tap tap away on the tree branch, cracking the pecan successfully for his morning treat. This got the day going - - no roosters crowing this morning. Mr. Woodpecker was first. The cicadas decided this was the time to began their summer chant, then the mockingbird chimed in as though he had to have his say as well. This brought out the crows - - caw, caw, cawing to one another. Good morning Miss Crow, how are you today? Found any good worms yet? Why yes Mr. Crow, come on over to the Templin's, they never mow their yard and the ground is cracked open so no problem!

Soon it was beginning to get a little hot for grandma so back into the house we went. Logan said he needed a diaper change and I said, "Well I think this is the day to become a Big Boy now and wear Big Boy underwear". He agreed and smiled his big old toothy smile as he headed for the chest of drawers for a pair of Big Boy underwear. I told him he's nearly 3 years old now and really too big for diapers so this would be a great day in his life that he would become a Big Boy. He sat down and put the pants on backwards. I showed him how the label goes in the back so 30 minutes later he had them on strutting around showing off Spongebob square pants.

We then went to the bathroom and I showed him how he would use the bathroom (he's done it before with coaching). He giggled at me and said, "Okay Memaw, today I will wear my Big Boy pants" and off he went to play. No more than 2 minutes later here he came holding a damp pair of Sponge Bob Square Pants underwear. Today was not the Big Boy beginning. Well, there is always tomorrow as Scarlet and Sponge Bob says.

2 Comments:

  • Wish I could've shared the morning with ya'll!

    Tell Logan he can DO it...I know he can...I'm rooting for him, and he'll get a nice reward when no longer wets poor Spongebob:)

    By Blogger Angie, at 10:38 AM  

  • At least Sponge Bob is a sponge - - he can take it!

    By Blogger Sasebone, at 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home