Sasebone

Monday, May 11, 2009

The dreaded plastic bag!

I was sitting at Café Brazil in McKinney a couple of weeks ago with my daughter and sister waiting for our food. While there I noticed a plastic bag tossing and turning in the wind. It flew like a helium balloon up in the air and floated delicately over the parked cars. I watched it the entire time we were there - - very entertaining that a bag could dip and weave and never leave the area. It reminded me of the many plastic bags I see on the highway. Where do they come from?

Do auto/truck/van dealers and service garages release so many bags a month for their own evil purposes? I read if a plastic bag hits just right under your vehicle and gets sucked up in your engine it will cost you major for repairs. I dodge and slow down for the bag hoping the wind will blow it away from my van. Where do those dreaded plastic bags come from; and why can’t they be melted down as liquid and put in concrete mixtures to keep the concrete from breaking and melting away during bad weather? Plastic never breaks down! Not in a billion years does it break down. We could have roads which last forever! Next time you shop ask your clerk if you can have paper bags instead of plastic. We are thinking green. If the clerk looks at you as though you are nuts, then take the plastic bag they offer (a clerk can’t do much on their own) and go home and shoot an email to the corporate office. Remind them the U.S.A. is a green nation and we need to put our paper bags where our mouth is!

Start looking and counting how many times you see a plastic bag scooting across the highway or blowing in the wind. You’ll be surprised as I was.

http://www.citizensagainstlitter.org/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home