Sasebone

Thursday, January 01, 2009

The Fine Art of Communication

Ring, Ring, Ring


Mom: Hello!


Sandy: Merry Christmas Mom!


Mom: Merry Christmas Sandy!


Sandy: What is going on over there?


Mom: Laura went to see her mom last night and she gave her a flap top.


Sandy: A flat top? Why?


Mom: Because they are popular!


Sandy: Since when?


Mom: Everyone has one, where on earth have you been?


Sandy picturing George Gobel and the flat top, Ummmm! I haven’t seen anyone with a flat top lately.

Mom: Sandy, they are really popular!

Sandy: Mom, since when?

Mom: I can’t believe you haven’t seen the flat tops. Laura is upstairs now messing with it.
Sandy picturing Laura running goop or wax through her hair.

Sandy: Mom, why would Margo give Laura a flat top when she hasn’t seen her in ages? Why give her a hair cut? It doesn’t make sense.

Mom: Hair? I’m talking about computers, the flat tops!

Sandy, tears rolling down her face: Mom that’s a lap top! We both start laughing. This is how I enjoy talking with my mother.

Mom: Well, you should have known it wasn’t a flat top! I don’t know what you call those things. They are flat computers…

I can’t wait until we discuss the flat screen televisions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home