Sasebone

Friday, November 21, 2008

I'm Busy, I'm soooooo Busy!

How many times have we heard that phrase? And, what really does it mean. It means, “Don’t ask me to do one more thing”. The other term I hear is “I don’t have time”. What does that mean? Does that mean we all should be in awe because YOU DON’T HAVE TIME! We all have time. We use it improperly, I know, for instance: I was up by 6:30 this morning. It is now 8:22 a.m. and I’m sitting here reading email, been leisurely drinking coffee, dust swirls around me and I look out the window for the 20th time today and each one looks like I have frosted them they are so dirty.

So what am I busy doing? I don’t watch television, can’t sit still long enough, but if someone asks me to do something I think I can’t I’m too busy. Busy doing what? I used to work full time; care for my home; raise grandchildren; handle all the business of our house, and now I sleep late; have a part time job, but I still feel busy! It is a mental state of our minds running forward for days thinking of what we need to achieve when sometimes the only thing we need to do is break the time down, allowing time for being STILL!

Being still means no mental activity for an hour a day--just pondering. What a mentally healthy thing to do! Ponder about the good times; ponder and fantasize about riding a bicycle or go ride one and let the wind blow through your hair; do something stress-less. Sit and meditate for the time you have or lie in the bubble bath with Michael Buble singing in the background of your restful world. But you say, “The stock market is falling; the economy is failing; our finances are in the hole; we are at war; for heaven’s sake, can’t you see that the sky is falling”? Okay Chicken Little, all that is truly occurring - - relax, if the sky falls you can’t hold it up! The Chicken Little book is such a great little book. It was one of my first reader’s along with Dick and Jane. Chicken Little couldn’t relax for he knew the sky was falling. Well, just like in the book, the sky was not falling so settle down - - relax! We woke up this morning, God is still in His Heaven and all is under control! I feel better already as I look at the beautiful morning through the frosted glass. What was that I just saw pass by - - a toolbox from heaven and we thought it was the sky falling…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home