Sasebone

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Dog-aster

Last evening as me, Chick and the boys were getting ready to go to bed, our dog Molly went to the front door and wanted out. I thought she needed to tinkle one more time so I opened the door and let her out. I walked out on the porch with her. She ran to the side of the house and did her job, but then she sniffed the air. I couldn't smell anything and she ran to the porch and looked in the bushes then chased something around the side of the house. I was commanding her to come to me. She didn't! I went in to get the flashlight so I could go get her. It was pitch dark outside. While I was walking through the living room to the door with my flashlight, Logan opened the door for her. She came in. I smelled it. SKUNK!!!!!!!

I grabbed her by the collar (now what to do). I couldn't go let her back out the front. Ms. Skunk was still close by. I pulled her by the collar with her fighting me all the way to the back door. I put her on her leash in the garage where 2 birds roost at night and they went nuts flying all over the place going wild (mom and pop redbirds). They have a nest another bird left there last year. So much for living in the country!

Molly was not happy. She has never, ever spent one night outside. I didn't care. I went back in the living room--the smell was atrocious. We took the boys (both of them) and went to our bedroom where it didn't smell as bad. We closed the door and turned on the air filter; the ceiling fan, a fan on the chest of drawers and still you could smell it. I sprayed the whole house with Oust (it didn't oust anything). Then I remembered the cinnamon sprinkle for the vacuum cleaner that smells great. I poured the granules all around the carpet, and eventually sleep took us over.

Today, I've bought the Hydrogen Peroxide, Baking soda and Dawn to bathe the dog in. She was not happy. She is now on the porch drying out. What to do with the carpet? It was only her feet that touched it and not very many places, but it smells like a colony of "flowers" live in the house. Remember Flower the skunk from Disney stories? Micah used to tell me it was time to call Dalworse when he was little. I guess I'll give some carpet company a call or buy clothespins for our noses.

Dogs! Gotta love them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home