Sasebone

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Rain, Rain Go Away, Come again in 2008 or 2009

Have you ever been so sick of rain? I kept looking for the clouds to break loose yesterday, July 4th, but it never happened which caused our family (paranoid) to sit at home because WE JUST KNEW IT WAS GOING TO RAIN!!!!!!

The grass had grown knee high to an elephant’s butt, when Chick decided to heck with it. He would swim to the mower and plow forward. He did, then he came inside to let me know how well our septic tank is not working throughout this wet weather. I had called the Septic Tank Company in May to have it pumped but the septic tank expert told me we had to have 10 days without rain first or it would be in vain I thought, “No problem - -we should be able to do this by June 1st. June 1st came and went. The dried up lakes, no watering due to no rain passed; but in June the daily and nightly rains kept on going. The boys have cabin fever; have graffitied the walls; pulled the wallpaper off; surfed the whole house on scooters; learned every video game they have forwards and backwards - -they are ready to play outside - - AND WE ARE READY FOR THEM TO!

Now Lord, I know we should have said when we prayed for rain, how much rain we wanted so I am asking right now, to let the rains stop and the sun to appear once again. I know, I know, we’ll be begging again next year, but right now we are molding; water logged; depressed; more than hydrated so thanks for the answered prayer, but now the prayer is opposite asking for the rains to quit for a spell. Amen

1 Comments:

  • Amen to that! Just give us at least a 2 week break so we can mow the yards, get the green out of the swimming pool, and quit swimming in shit because of the flooded septic system. As I am writing this comment, it started pissing and a pourin..anybody have a boat I can borrow?

    By Blogger Angie, at 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home